Saturday, August 29, 2020

Long Live The King

 


Chadwick Boseman 

1976-2020

My wonderful readers! It is with deep regret that I inform you of a great tragedy. You may have already heard of this unfortunate news, but even so, I felt compelled to bring this to your attention myself. On August 28th, 2020, renowned actor Chadwick Boseman, best known for portraying the King of Wakanda, Black Panther, has passed away at the tender age of 43 from stage 4 colon cancer. 


Mr. Boseman received a diagnosis of stage 3 cancer back in 2016. Despite this, he would continue to perform in many films in between surgeries and chemotherapy treatments. In recent years, Chadwick Boseman has not only portrayed one of Marvel's best superhero Kings. He has also portrayed legendary Baseball player Jackie Robinson in the film 42, the godfather of soul James Brown in the movie Get On Up, and a compassionate and strong-willed leader of a group of Vietnam War soldiers in Spike Lee's Da 5 Bloods. Not to mention the first black Justice of the Supreme Court, Justice Thurgood Marshall. Mr. Boseman passed away at home, surrounded by his family. 


Sadly, I never had the opportunity to meet Chadwick Boseman in person. If I had, I would've expressed my love for his talent as an actor and admiration for his achievements. I once stated that Black Panther is the best film by Marvel Studios, and not only do I continue to stand by that statement, but a considerable part of that is due to Chadwick Boseman's performance. He succeeded in convincing me that he was a King in more ways than one. Mr. Boseman had the honor of starring in the first Marvel film to be nominated for an Acadamy Award for Best Picture. He embraced his fame as the Black Panther and used it to inspire many people to do better by themselves and their communities. In his way, he was a true hero and inspiration to us all. 


He will be missed. 


R.I.P Chadwick Boseman. 


Wakanda Forever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Riddle of Fire - Little Film With A Big Heart

  Rent on Apple TV, Google Play, Amazon, and YouTube      Sometimes, a movie is so unexpected, heartfelt, and enjoyable that you can't h...