Friday, September 4, 2020

Remakes and Do-Overs


 


Hey everyone, 

I've had something on my mind I have wanted to talk about for a while now. It has to do with my opinions on remakes, reboots, and other such Hollywood practices that start with "re." Some are good, most are terrible, and many of them have no purpose of existing other than cashing in on nostalgia value. 

The biggest problem with this situation, arguably, is that they are only remaking movies that were already well crafted in the first place. The purpose of a remake is to do something better than before, to enhance rather than merely retread. Therefore, it stands to reason that it would make more sense to remake films that were bad and make them better, rather than rehashing the ones that are already recognized as masterpieces. 

Therefore, I have decided to pick a few remakes of classic films that I think were utterly unnecessary and explain why. Also, I will take a few movies that I like, but are not as good as they deserved to be, and explain why I would love to see a remake of it. As always, I am open to suggestions. If you know of a remake that you despise or thought was better than the original, please let me know. 

You can leave a comment here on my blog, on my Facebook page, or email at normanlucecinema@gmail.com 

Let's explore the wide world of remakes together. 

Ladies & gentlemen, I am TheNorm; thank you all for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Riddle of Fire - Little Film With A Big Heart

  Rent on Apple TV, Google Play, Amazon, and YouTube      Sometimes, a movie is so unexpected, heartfelt, and enjoyable that you can't h...