Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Why the change?

I think I owe it to my viewers and myself to offer some explanation as to why I am transitioning the way I am.

First, to all of my subscribers on YouTube, I thank you for your support and your interest in my thoughts and insight. I hope you will all continue to enjoy my content as I use my video platform for, what I believe to be, something more interesting.

I have enjoyed making video reviews of movies. I really tried to do it with main stream movies exclusively. Partially because that made the most sense to me at the time and also because I wanted to try and break into more professional avenues of movie reviewing. However, over time this proved to be more difficult than expected.

As time went by I found it more and more difficult to justify my efforts put into making these video reviews of main stream movies when I was not really reaping any real benefits from it. I am not working for a magazine or another website. I am not recognized by any critics union or the like. I was simply doing it for fun and for love of Cinema. Yet, even so, with the dwindling nature of Hollywood, them repeating the same mistakes and providing less and less quality entertainment, it felt shallow for me to give them so much of my time and energy in video reviews when, in the end, they don't really need it.

Despite that, I still enjoy seeing main stream movies and talking about them. Because even though Hollywood is imploding, they still occasionally put out something really good that deserves to be seen. Because of this, I am not giving up reviewing main stream movies. I simply feel that my thoughts, feelings and insights would be better served in written form. This way I can have a review for a new movie out much earlier than before and have my thought and feelings about them presented in their full and clear intention.

This will allow me to provide my full attention the the highs and lows of any given main stream movie and will allow me the opportunity to be more through in my commentary.

Make no mistake, TheNorm is not going anywhere. As long as there are movies to be seen I will always be there to provide my feelings and thoughts about them. I hope you will all join me on this new avenue and hopefully learn something new along the way.

Ladies and Gentleman, I am TheNorm, telling you when Hollywood gets things wrong and when they get things right.

Thank you all for reading.


1 comment:

  1. I love your love of cinema and really admire your persistence!

    ReplyDelete

Riddle of Fire - Little Film With A Big Heart

  Rent on Apple TV, Google Play, Amazon, and YouTube      Sometimes, a movie is so unexpected, heartfelt, and enjoyable that you can't h...