Thursday, July 30, 2020

Save Your Cinema



My wonderful readers, 

I recently published an article on my blog about Movie Theaters and how everyone can help them survive. It would appear that the situation with Cinemas is even worse than I had feared. Many Theaters are on the verge of complete collapse due to the pandemic. If they don't receive the help they need soon, there is a good chance we may lose them entirely. 

Now, I know that, given the modern-day & age of entertainment, many people out there don't see any further value in Movie Theaters. When streaming services and digital rentals are so much more convenient and affordable, why should anyone bother to spend their hard-earned cash at the Cinemas?  

Having already written a piece about the relevance of Movie Theaters, and a few ways we can all keep them alive,  I will not repeat myself here. However, one aspect of this ultimately destructive mindset I did not bring up before was the domino effect. If we argue that Cinemas are no longer relevant and should shut down, what's to stop people from saying the same thing about live theater? Broadway is a massive part of New York's identity. Is it fair to shut them down as well because video recordings of productions are more available? What about Ballet, or Choir shows, or even youth theater? Whether intentional or not, by supporting the elimination of one aspect of artistic presentation, you're effectively advocating the removal of them all. 

As I said in my earlier blog post, Movie Theaters are essential to society and culture as much as Restaurants, Book Stores, and especially live Theater venues. That is why I encourage you all to take part in saving Cinemas by signing this online petition by the National Association of Theater Owners—asking lawmakers and entertainment industry executives to take action to ensure their continued existence. No donations nor subscription required. 

Not to mention, one of the greatest joys of my life is going to the movies and telling you all if it is indeed worthy of your box-office contributions. While I enjoy seeing what the digital realm has to offer, I cannot bear the thought of losing the very thing that inspired this blog in the first place. I implore you, consider signing this petition and do your part to save Movie Theaters. 

Sign Here: 

Ladies & gentlemen, I am TheNorm, thank you all for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Riddle of Fire - Little Film With A Big Heart

  Rent on Apple TV, Google Play, Amazon, and YouTube      Sometimes, a movie is so unexpected, heartfelt, and enjoyable that you can't h...