Monday, March 15, 2021

Why you should consider getting HBO Max

 


    In my previous blog entry where I reviewed the entertaining and timely film, Locked Down, I mentioned that it was a good reason to consider signing up for HBO Max's streaming platform. I also mentioned that I had once considered complaining about the overabundance of streaming services on the market. While I still have some issues with the overwhelming amount of comparative streaming platforms available today, especially when it comes to what I believe to be unnecessary exclusivity, HBO Max has warmed my heart on the subject exponentially. Of the six streaming platforms I find myself using, HBO Max is slowly becoming my new favorite. 

    I would like to take this opportunity to ensure my wonderful readers that this is my opinion formulating from my own volition. HBO and Warner Brothers are not paying me anything to express this mostly positive advocacy for their streaming platform. Like anything else in life that we come to love, they are not without their flaws. These are purely my thoughts and mine alone. 

    Here are just a few reasons why you ought to consider signing up for HBO Max. 

Variety of Content

    HBO Max offers a surprisingly wide variety of content for all kinds of media enjoyment. In addition to its original content, it also features content from various networks that either had their own streaming service at one point or were unavailable anywhere else. Because of its partnership with Warner Brothers, a ton of their content is available here. Including Turner Classic Movies, CrunchyRoll, and DC Comics. 


Big New Releases for the Whole Year

    In case you were not aware, Warner Brothers announced a little while ago that they would be releasing all of their upcoming films to theaters and HBO Max simultaneously. While this upset many filmmakers in Hollywood, especially folks like Christopher Nolan and Quentin Tarantino, given the unfortunate circumstances of the continued troubling COVID-19 pandemic, it's only logical that some movie studios adapt to the needs of the moment. The best part is, unlike another premium streaming service that shall remain anonymous (*cough* Disney+ *cough*), new releases will not require an additional charge for viewing. If you pay for the subscription, you get access to new and old content, with no questions or exceptions. 

    This kind of release schedule and format has been right around the corner for a while, but nobody wanted to be the first ones to get there. While I understand this choice of release strategy and further appreciate that it still involves releasing to movie theaters, I find it rather upsetting that it took a world-wide pandemic for someone to get the ball rolling. While I will continue to advocate the movie theater experience, I will also continue to remind folks that it is not quite safe enough yet to do so. Until then, we have this delightful alternative at our disposal. If you ask me, Warner Brothers made the right move. 

Decent Deals 

    HBO Max has a small but versatile amount of options for pricing. When I signed up for my account, I purchased a deal for six months worth of service for about the price of four months. There is still a great deal of free trial offers when purchasing some Warner Brothers films on disk and on the platform itself. 

    Of all the streaming platforms outside of Netflix, HBO Max is, so far, proving its money's worth. I have enjoyed this platform the most out of all the ones I currently use. Give it a shot if you're feeling up to it. This little platform just might surprise you. 

Ladies & gentlemen, I am TheNorm; thank you all for reading. 

Happy Streaming! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Riddle of Fire - Little Film With A Big Heart

  Rent on Apple TV, Google Play, Amazon, and YouTube      Sometimes, a movie is so unexpected, heartfelt, and enjoyable that you can't h...